We are searching for awesomse coaches for our 2021 Season!
At KGB Kiteboarding and Watersports, we pride ourselves on giving our clients the best possible watersports experience. Our Headquarters is located in Emeryville Marina. From this location, we are centrally located in The Bay Area for our clients, and have access to the best wind in the San Francisco Bay with our fleet of jet skis and waverunners.
We are looking for coaches and instructors who are motivated, responsible, friendly, and interested in growing in the kiteboarding industry for the 2021 San Francisco Bay Area season!
Our coaches are the face of KGB Kiteboarding and Watersports. They inspire, grow the sport, and pass on valuable skills to future kiteboarders. Our kiteboarding coaches primarily use jet skis to coach our clients in the Bay. Familiarity with Jet Ski handling with two to three people is very important.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct Kiteboarding lessons for KGB clients of all experience levels in a safe and responsible manner
- Promote KGB Kiteboarding’s amazing services and top-notch gear
- Be a positive example to the Bay Area’s Kiteboarding community.
- Keep the gear and equipment in working order
- Attract repeat customers
Qualifications and Certifications
- Current CPR & First Aid certification
- California Boater Card preferred
- 2 to 5 years of Kiteboarding Coaching Experience
- IKO Instructor Training (or any equivalent training) preferred
- Able and willing to work under stress
- Very comfortable with water in an extreme environment
- Strong swimmer
- Good balance
- Able to lift and pull weights around 80lbs
- An awesome and social person
Schedule and Hours
Coaching and instructing hours depend on the weather and wind. We typically start at 12 noon but may begin sessions as early as 11 am.
Coaching sessions last about 2 to 3 hours.
End times are dependent on the weather and sunset. We like to have everyone back a minimum of 1 hour before sunset.
On days with no wind or no scheduled clients, … we may be able to have coaches do shop duties. (Receive clients, book sessions, sell kiteboarding equipment, repair and tune equipment, etc…)
- Competitive pay rates (more than $60 to $100 per session)
- Our cost on personal waterwear (wetsuits and clothing) - We want you to be protected and looking good out there
- Promotion and assistance that will help you to grow in the Kiteboarding Industry
- Our cost on Kiteboarding equipment
We will also be offering a housing option for the 2021 kite season. This will be offered for coaches that will be with us for the whole season (May - September). Please ask for more information when applying.
Join the Team! Be a part of the KGB.
To apply, send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org